Sunday, February 11, 2007

2/8 Art &Tech Class Post

A very interesting day today. Our class discussion was based on a reading about sexbots in a future society. I think this posed some really important questions for our future on Earth. What kinds of limitations are we going to try and put on artificial intelligence? Are robots going to start to replace our normal everyday duties and responsibilities, such as taking out the trash or making the bed? I personally think that it won't be long before robots will be doing more and more for the average human being. Robots already do tasks like mowing the lawn or assembling cars.

In the story I find it hard to believe that robots are specifically targeted for sex rather than other tasks. It seems as though they are capable of doing everyday tasks, sex is still maintained as their primary function. Overall I did like the story and the process of the sexbots revolting for a new life. If I was in Tina's shoes I don't know whether or not I would deactivate Manny. He would help humanity and the Earth a lot, but at the same time the society that was built by humans would be controlled by programmed machines.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger gloria monaghan said...

Brad,
I really like your blog. You are creative and smart. I think your response is on target. I agree with you about Manny. Does it take a robot to make our world more humane? Why do we need these dolls for joy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home