Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'll be watching you....

Whatever the case may be, I am now interested in blogging again. There is just something about having a voice and the thought that anyone can hear it if they so wish that is so intriguing.

Well todays topic I feel like addressing:
The Police at Fenway (the band)

I tried to get tickets for the Fenway show through a presale but all of them were snatched up in about thirty seconds. It makes you wonder if bands do this sort of reunion thing because they are running out of money. People are paying outrageous prices from scalper sites on already high priced tickets. Whatever the case may be I'm still psyched about them coming around the US. Hopefully my seats won't be too far from the stage as I can't afford the $225.00 just to have the luxury of sitting on the field, which still doesn't guarantee a close seat.

Fenway Park, as great as it is, does not make a very good concert hall. Audio is acheived by hooking up a bunch of Marshall amps and blasting sound as far as possible. I guess this is part of true rock heritage that most can't live without, but it still doesn't make the sound quality amazing. If you want amazing sound go to Berklee's music hall. People are also vulnerable to the weather due to being outside, and if your unfortunate enough to sit near a smoker your night is pretty much miserable. Maybe mine was last time because Dave Mathews draws a different crowd. I remember the man's excuse when my girlfriend and I asked him to stop smoking, "I'm sorry I can't do anything about it, we're outside." And all through the evening he made it his self fulfilling goal to blow smoke towards are way for even mentioning he made us uncomfortable. So much for the no smoking policy.

Since youve gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but its you I cant replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please...

Kind of creepy... but my favorite song. I can't wait to hear it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home