Monday, November 14, 2005

Over the Hills and Far Away

Washington D.C!!! I went to Washington D.C. with Kalen this past weekend and it was a lot of fun. We visited George Washington University and it was pretty impressive. At first I tried to hate it because it is so far away from Boston, but ironically I ended up liking the school. If Katelyn decides to go there I will do everything in my power to help her get there, even if it means I won't see her for months at a time. My heart tells me I will never leave her, and I just want her to be happy wherever she is.

Today I went to Daddy's to get some picks and it ended up that I played a bunch of acoustic guitars too. The first one I picked up and played was a $2,000+ Epiphone Paul McCartney Texan. It sounded amazing, it had nice action, and it was amazingly light. I played a few Ibanez guitars too, which played very nice considering the price. One Ibanez had a wicked cool inlay on the fretboard of a winding vine. There was a martin, which sounded nice but I thought the action and general feel of the guitar was not for me at all. I was kind of disapointed because I know Martin guitars are one of the best brands out there. Lastly I picked up a Taylor acoustic electric. This sounded awesome, the action wasn't too high or low, and it felt perfect in my hands. I really liked it, although I'm not sure which I like better, the Taylor or the Epiphone. Overall it was a good start to finding a guitar I like, so far one of my favorites is the Epiphone Dove which has great reviews. Hopefully it feels somewhat like the Texan!!!

Here is the Dove:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home